Defence IT asset management that meets military standards
Greenbox provides IT asset management services for the defence industry, using the highest levels of security for our facilities, people and processes. We have the proven experience and the national (and international) capabilities to meet defence industry needs. A new facility in Canberra, means closer, more convenient service.
Defence clients choose Greenbox because we:
- Have opened a Canberra warehouse, due to our commitment to the defence industry. This is the largest facility of its type in Canberra.
- Provide assurance with defence-grade security credentials throughout every stage of our defence asset management services. This includes:
- 24-hour CCTV surveillance inside and out for all premises, backed by double gating of processing areas.
- Staff are appropriately cleared.
- Industry-leading Blancco software used for data erasure. Blancco has been tested, certified, approved or recommended by 18 national and international governing bodies, and Greenbox is a Gold Partner.
- ISO 9001 quality certifications at every facility so that equipment is processed using registered procedures to maintain data integrity.
- Keeping capabilities in-house to secure the chain of custody. Our rigorous processes maintain data integrity at each and every stage of the asset management process.
- Have proven experience in large-scale asset management projects for the defence industry. This includes national and international capabilities for asset disposal.
- Balance the need for risk management vs cost efficiency to provide services that make financial sense.
- In-house skills to manage the highly complex project management and logistics needs of the defence industry.
“We have very stringent security requirements to service the defence industry, and Greenbox comes through on these.”
IT Delivery Manager, defence industry provider
Case study: ICT hardware disposal contract with DoD
As published by CRN magazine, Greenbox has a $5m contract with the Department of Defence for the disposal of IT hardware such as desktop PCs, monitors, notebooks, servers, network equipment and related accessories and peripherals. Greenbox partnered with DoD to develop robust processes, and has supported the project by constructing a purpose-built facility in Canberra.
The project includes sanitising more than 100,000 desktop computers over 15 months and repurposing them for sale to deliver significant cost recoveries. Greenbox provides web-based tracking for all asset movements for full transparency. It also ensures that the project enhances the Department’s triple bottom line: with a zero landfill guarantee, and socially responsible re-use of redundant equipment.