Greenbox’s facilities in Brisbane, Sydney, Canberra, and Melbourne have been awarded the R2V3 Certification. R2v3 is the extended version of R2 (Responsible Recycling) which is the premier global standard for electronics repair and recycling.
Greenbox manages the whole IT Asset Lifecycle Management, from pre-deployment and installation, right through to secure data sanitisation and disposal to ensure sensitive information is thoroughly destroyed when a device is replaced.
The R2v3 Standard is the leading global certification standard for the electronics reuse and recycling industry. The requirements in the R2 Standard are designed to protect people, protect the environment, protect data, and preserve resources. IT asset managers partnering with ITAD companies with R2v3-certified infrastructure can have increased confidence that their sensitive data is destroyed, that electronics with residual value will be reused, and that their assets won’t end up in a landfill or in a dumping ground halfway around the world.
This is achieved through rigorous annual third-party audits of R2 certified facilities, and through transparency and accountability throughout the entire reuse/recycling chain of used electronic products. R2v3 was developed through an open and transparent multi-stakeholder process which has matured over several years.
This global standard provides our customers with strengthened data security control for test, repair, and reuse operations. Our R2v3 certification intends to reduce risk and negative outcomes while still allowing for innovation in process and methods to achieve consistent results.
Facts about Electronics Recycling
- According to the Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Forum, in 2021 Australia recorded an e-waste dump of approximately 57.4 million tonnes.
- Recycling 1 million laptops saves the energy equivalent to the electricity used by 3657 Australian homes in a year.
- 98% of the components in your computer or television can be fully recycled
- Sustainable Electronics Recycling International (SERI) is the non-profit organisation that administrates and develops the R2 Standard.
- R2 accredited organisations are audited annually by an independent third party. The R2 Standard was created by multiple stakeholders, including representatives from the EPA, NGOs, leading industry experts, recyclers, and users of reuse/recycling services.
How does it benefit you?
- With R2V3, there is an increased emphasis on reuse and protecting data which strengthens the data security control for test, repair, and reuse operations to ensure the quality and effectiveness of the operations. After we collect your assets, the secure chain of custody is strengthened to provide you with more confidence on your IT assets.
- Improvements in the areas of data protection, managing the flow of material through downstream vendors, and environmental health and safety requirements. It helps to reduce risk and negative outcomes while still allowing for innovation in process and methods to achieve consistent results.
- With our R2V3 Certification, we continue to focus on outcomes to protect data and protect the environment.