Happy Earth Day!!
Earth Day is an annual event that takes place on April 22nd. Earth Day is an important reminder that we all have a role to play in protecting our planet. It is a day to reflect on the impact that our actions have on the environment and to commit to making positive changes. Earth Day serves as a rallying cry for environmentalists and a reminder to governments and businesses that we must take action to protect our planet for future generations.
Recycling of E-Waste
Electronic waste, also known as e-waste, is one of the fastest-growing waste streams in the world. It includes a wide range of electronic devices, such as computers, laptops, smartphones, televisions, and many more. Recycling e-waste has become increasingly important in recent years, as it not only helps to reduce the amount of waste sent to landfills but also recovers valuable resources that can be reused to create new products.
5 things that are manufactured from Recycled Electronics
- Recycled Plastic Products – One of the most common things that are manufactured from recycled electronics is plastic products. Electronic devices contain a lot of plastic components, such as computer casings, printer cartridges, and phone cases. These plastics can be recycled and turned into a wide range of new products, including park benches, outdoor furniture, and even new electronic cases.
- Recycled Metals – Another valuable resource that can be recovered from e-waste is metal. Many electronic devices contain precious metals like gold, silver, and copper, which can be extracted and reused to make new products. These metals are commonly used in the manufacturing of new electronic devices, as well as other products like jewellery, coins, and decorative objects.
- Recycled Glass – Electronic devices like televisions and computer monitors contain a lot of glass, which can be recycled and turned into new products. Recycled glass is commonly used to create new glass products like bottles, jars, and vases. It can also be used as a substitute for sand in the manufacturing of concrete, which can help to reduce the environmental impact of construction projects.
- Recycled Batteries – Batteries are a common component of electronic devices, and they can be recycled to recover valuable materials like lithium and cobalt. These materials can be used to make new batteries, which can help to reduce the demand for new materials and reduce the environmental impact of battery manufacturing. Recycling batteries also helps to prevent hazardous materials like lead and mercury from entering the environment.
- Recycled Circuit Boards – Circuit boards are the backbone of electronic devices, and they contain a variety of valuable materials like copper, gold, and silver. These materials can be extracted and reused to create new circuit boards or other electronic components. Recycling circuit boards helps to reduce the demand for new materials, conserve natural resources, and prevent hazardous materials from entering the environment.
Here at Greenbox
As we celebrate Earth Day, it is important to remember the impact of electronic waste on the environment and take steps to reduce our environmental footprint. At Greenbox, we are leading the way in secure IT Asset Disposition services with 0 landfill that are both environmentally friendly and secure. We are Australia’s first ITAD to go 100% carbon neutral and all our facilities across Australia and New Zealand are r2v3 certified. We are committed to reducing electronic waste and protecting the environment, and we encourage businesses to join us in this important mission.